Monday, November 21, 2011

Guilt and Contrition

Thinking back to my last post, I do actually feel rather guilty about the comments I made about person number two. While I did mean what I said at the time I said it, that does not mean I do not feel bad about it now.
If the person these comments were directed at, realized that these words were about them, I am sorry if I hurt their feelings. I was feeling angry, and now that I am no longer feeling angry, I am willing to have a talk with them about the problems within our friendship.
The fact is, I love Person Number 2. I have known them for many years, and I say these things not only out of frustration, but also out of concern for that person's well-being. I want them to be happy, but I also want them to understand that some happinesses do not last forever.
My feelings were hurt by some words this person said to me. Perhaps they flung these insults about callously, not realizing what effect they would have on my pride. Perhaps, they were taking out their negativity on me. I do not know.
So here it is, I have to talk candidly with this person, tell them how I feel. But I am afraid. I am afraid of making the situation worse, mostly. My relationship with this person has suffered in the past.
Perhaps, they never even saw this blog. So perhaps this whole post was pointless. After all, most people have better things to do than read the ramblings of a socially awkward, Autistic, powwow drummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment