Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Long Absence

 It's been nearly nine months since I last posted. A lot has happened in my life, and I don't know where to begin or what to say. I'm mostly on tumblr now, with a blog of the same name as this one. There, I write shorter pieces, and reblog things that interest me.

The fact of the matter is, that no one but me really gives a shit about this blog. I have only five followers, and I receive little to no traffic. Blogs like this are a dying breed. With things like tumblr, twitter, instagram and pinterest, what's the point? What's the fucking point. I don't have instagram or pinterest. I don't need them. I have tumblr (find me at faerieincombatboots.tumblr.com), a twitter, a facebook, a DeviantArt and god knows what else. I used to frequent places like Team9000, and The Bloody Jack Boards, but forums do not hold my interest any more.
Since I've been AWOL from this quiet corner of the internet, Arthur and I have become a couple, and he's moved in with me. My best friend had a baby boy, and I am now a godmother. My Grandma Mary died in June. I've been depressed. Two nights ago, my boyfriend got attacked, and he had to kick the guy's ass. I've been jumpy and anxious ever since.

I've been wondering if I should continue with this blog. What do I have to write about? I've decided that the memoirs were frivolous, and really, no one really fucking notices this place anyway. Really. Not even I notice it. Well, actually, my computer died, and I had to get my internet fix from an Android and my mom's laptop. Blogging regularly when you don't have your own computer is a pain in the dick.

But my sister's friend Jen has given me her old laptop. It's a good one, enough to store photos, write and do internet stuff on. That's all I need. I want to write more. I have novel ideas, and I need a place to put them down.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings! I'm Heather and I wanted to know if you could answer my question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you could have asked right here on my log. That is if you're not a scambot of some sort.

    ReplyDelete