Saturday, May 23, 2015

Awesome shit!

In my last blog entry, I discussed my travel goals for the summer. The very first place I mentioned was The Great Escape (honestly, for all I talk about them, they should be paying me). I said I had a 70% chance of going there.

Now it's 100%.

So how did it happen? How did I get what I want?

After I finished writing, I realized that if I wanted any of these things to happen, I had to MAKE them happen. I couldn't just rely on luck and chance. I had to make my luck. I had to take the chance. Sounds cheesy, doesn't it?
 So I called my sister. I wanted to talk to her about this idea. Or at least talk about the idea of discussing this idea in the future. She didn't pick up. OK, no big deal. I went back to blogging.
The next day she called me, and asked what I wanted. It took me a minute to remember, but then I broached the subject. She was picking a weekend in July. We discussed ticket prices. She told me she can get a discount. All that was left was finding a ride. Her car can only fit five people, the exact number of herself, her partners, and kids. Sadie and I would need to find another vehicle.

Then Laura had a brilliant idea. She would pay for the admission of whichever of my friends was willing to drive Sadie and I up to Lake George. I posted the offer on Facebook, and my sister Cele took us up on it. I talked to Cele last night, and once Laura tells us when, it'll happen.

Sadie and I are excited. She went to The Great Escape when she was two, but I imagine she can't remember too much. She wants to go on rides with her cousin, and her Mama Cat (yours truly), and I want to go on thrill rides with my sisters, and make happy memories with her. 

It's going to take some more planning to pull this off. It's going to take coffee, and maybe some xanax. Yeah, going to GE on a weekend is going to require me to take extra care of my anxiety. It'll be better than it has been, because honestly, Sadie will keep me grounded. And I can't get my expectations too high. If I do that, I am bound to be disappointed. Sadie being happy is going to be the most important thing.

Also I hope no one pukes on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment